Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2019/06/13 10:20:01 UTC

Re: Reg : qemu-kvm upgrade in KVM hypervisor agent

Pavan,

No need to alter the spec, once you install centos-release-qemu-ev the next "yum update" will update your qemu-kvm without breaking rpm deps.
Please note qemu-kvm-ev has more features, but it is not part of CentOS Base.
It's a community effort and it does not meet the kind of enterprise level of QA you would expect from stock CentOS packages. Expect problems at some point. In fact I remember someone had to downgrade recently because of issues (which I do not recall, it's on the ml).

HTH

Nux!
www.nux.ro