Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/04/24 10:01:47 UTC

[Problem]: Excalibur.jar does not contain all classes

Hi,

when I build excalibur everything is building fine, but the resulting
avalon-excalibur.jar does not contain all classes, for example the
io, the monitor or the xmlbundle subprojects are missing.

The interesting thing is that the temporary jar created by the jlink
task does contain all classes, so it seems that the jar task does
not get all files from the temporary jar.

Any hint what could get wrong here?

Carsten

Re: FIXED [Problem]: Excalibur.jar does not contain all classes

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 03:34:16PM +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> yes your workaround works! Great!
>
> I have only 319 classes (using WinZip) and a size of 421.977 bytes, perhaps
> wc counts also directories?

Oh yes. 'jar tvf avalon-excalibur.jar | grep .class | wc -l' reports 316
classes. Perhaps you're conditionally compiling something I'm not..

Glad the fix works. I'll fix the 'mega-jar' target similarly. And have a
whinge about jlink on ant-dev's bugzilla ;P

--Jeff

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Jeff,

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.

Re: [Problem]: Excalibur.jar does not contain all classes

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cz...@s-und-n.de>

> Peter Donald wrote:
> > BTW Is there any reason why you are not using the individual jars
> > separately?
> >
> Yes: Cocoon
>
> I will be killed, if I check-in, let's say 15 jars instead of one big
> one.

+1

;-P hehehe

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: [Problem]: Excalibur.jar does not contain all classes

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:45, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Does noone else have this problem?

Can't say I have ever actually built the full jar so I will never know ...
testing now.... yep same problem here.

BTW Is there any reason why you are not using the individual jars separately?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

RE: [Problem]: Excalibur.jar does not contain all classes

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Does noone else have this problem?

I'm using jdk1.3 (with jdk 1.4 excalibur is currently not buildable
during JDBC problems in the logger subproject)

Carsten