Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/20 22:16:47 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.3.5

I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.3.5, ready to be voted upon.

The source and source downloads are uploaded to:

http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/

and the Maven artifacts staged to:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-020/

Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.3.5, is ready.

I've also created a 5.3.5 tag in Git:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=c5600a8de7645fb7bd5cc21b38f8902a36c1b840

Vote will run for three days; On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven
artifacts, and move the source and javadoc distributions from these directories
to the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site
documentation, and send out appropriate notifications.

    * [TAP5-1601] - Under as yet unknown circumstances, a method that
references a field with a conduit will not be instrumented, resulting
in an NPE accessing the field itself
    * [TAP5-1859] - Clicking a submit or button in a non-Tapestry Form
causes a client exception
    * [TAP5-1868] - SRSCachingInterceptor returns compressed version
of asset for all clients once it was compressed for some client
    * [TAP5-1887] - Client-side JavaScript error if
console.info/debug/... is available but not a function
    * [TAP5-1907] - Client exception in IE9 when partial page render
introduces stylesheets
    * [TAP5-1949] - Alerts component does not show alerts added from a
component that occurs later in the template
    * [TAP5-1973] - :443 added to URLs when using the Link.toAbsoluteURI(true)
    * [TAP5-1976] - XML Parser adds attributes with default values and
produces invalid HTML5 markup
    * [TAP5-1977] - Memory leak (perm gen) in component reloading
    * [TAP5-1979] - Changing the implementation of a method after
adding method advice does not work; the original implementation
remains
    * [TAP5-1983] - PerThreadManager does not cleanup on shutdown, can
lead to memory leaks when application redeployed
    * [TAP5-1991] - YUICompressor should be less verbose about common warnings
    * [TAP5-1989] - Upgrade bundled Prototype to version 1.7.1

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.3.5

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.3.5, ready to be voted upon.

Massimo Lusetti: +1 (non-binding)

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tapestry 5.3.5

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Igor Drobiazko: +1 (binding)

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.3.5, ready to be voted
> upon.
>
> The source and source downloads are uploaded to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-020/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.3.5, is
> ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.3.5 tag in Git:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=c5600a8de7645fb7bd5cc21b38f8902a36c1b840
>
> Vote will run for three days; On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven
> artifacts, and move the source and javadoc distributions from these
> directories
> to the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site
> documentation, and send out appropriate notifications.
>

>     * [TAP5-1601] - Under as yet unknown circumstances, a method that
> references a field with a conduit will not be instrumented, resulting
> in an NPE accessing the field itself
>     * [TAP5-1859] - Clicking a submit or button in a non-Tapestry Form
> causes a client exception
>     * [TAP5-1868] - SRSCachingInterceptor returns compressed version
> of asset for all clients once it was compressed for some client
>     * [TAP5-1887] - Client-side JavaScript error if
> console.info/debug/... is available but not a function
>     * [TAP5-1907] - Client exception in IE9 when partial page render
> introduces stylesheets
>     * [TAP5-1949] - Alerts component does not show alerts added from a
> component that occurs later in the template
>     * [TAP5-1973] - :443 added to URLs when using the
> Link.toAbsoluteURI(true)
>     * [TAP5-1976] - XML Parser adds attributes with default values and
> produces invalid HTML5 markup
>     * [TAP5-1977] - Memory leak (perm gen) in component reloading
>     * [TAP5-1979] - Changing the implementation of a method after
> adding method advice does not work; the original implementation
> remains
>     * [TAP5-1983] - PerThreadManager does not cleanup on shutdown, can
> lead to memory leaks when application redeployed
>     * [TAP5-1991] - YUICompressor should be less verbose about common
> warnings
>     * [TAP5-1989] - Upgrade bundled Prototype to version 1.7.1
>

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de
http://twitter.com/drobiazko

[FAILED] Apache Tapestry 5.3.5

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Release has been withdrawn.

A replacement 5.3.5, will be made available shortly.  I'll start a new
vote then.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry