Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by sascha <sa...@assbach.de> on 2002/07/18 17:51:21 UTC

applying attributes to child or parent

I have a problem...

my input looks like

<pardef id='8' align='center' leftmargin='1in'/>
<par def='8'>
<run>
</run>
</par>

and my XSLT templates look like.. so far:

<xsl:template match='dxl:par'>
 <fo:block>
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
 </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match='dxl:pardef'>
 <fo:block>
  <xsl:if test='@align'>
 <xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="contains(@align,'left')"><xsl:attribute
name="text-align">start</xsl:attribute></xsl:when>
  <xsl:when test="contains(@align,'center')"><xsl:attribute
name="text-align">center</xsl:attribute></xsl:when>
  <xsl:when test="contains(@align,'right')"><xsl:attribute
name="text-align">end</xsl:attribute></xsl:when>
 </xsl:choose>
 </xsl:if>
 </fo:block>
 </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match='dxl:run'>
<fo:block>
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
 </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

now, problem is that it creates an output like

<fo:block text-align="center"/>
      <fo:block>
       <fo:block>mittig</fo:block>
      </fo:block>

and so the text isnt set "centered"-
how can i apply the text-align attribute to the child blocks?

sascha

Re: nested tables with % widths

Posted by sascha <sa...@assbach.de>.
that seems even better and more explaining,

thank you.
sascha

Posted by Harm Kok <h....@diderottrack.nl>.

Posted by sascha <sa...@assbach.de>.
ok i got it
<fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(50%)"/>

right?

thank you very much!

sascha

Posted by sascha <sa...@assbach.de>.
HI,

Posted by Harm Kok <h....@diderottrack.nl>.

nested tables with % widths

Re: Numbering of pages

Posted by Chuck Paussa <Ch...@systems.dhl.com>.
 >>> Keiron Liddle wrote:
 >>> Both of these problems sound like they could be done with markers.
 >>> Look in docs/examples/markers/.
 >>> In the flow you specify a marker in side a block. The static region can
 >>> then retrieve a marker. If there is a marker specified on the page
(with
 >>> appropraite class) then the contents of the marker are placed in the
 >>> static region.
 >> Antonio Fiol Bonnin wrote:
 >> This seems to be exactly the solution for what I was struggling about.
 >>
 >> For the page numbering problem, it might be a little more difficult,
 >> however. I will definitely have a look in the stated directory.
 > Arved Sandstrom wrote:
 >
 > One thing to keep in mind with markers - they must be the _first_
children
 > of an FO (that supports them). I can't recall how rigid we are with
respect
 > to enforcing this, but it's possible that if you prettify your FO,
and there
 > is a newline (unsuppressed) between the block start tag and the
marker start
 > tag, that this will be rejected.
 >
 > Regards,
 > Arved Sandstrom
Actually FOP is rather loose with markers. It complains mightily when
you don't follow the standard but then, processes things anyway. This
behavior is the work-around for the first-including-carryover problem.
To enable that attribute value, you need to place the marker as the
"last" value in the block. Here's a link to some sample code
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=100897905110034&w=2

Chuck Paussa

RE: Numbering of pages

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.

Re: Numbering of pages

Posted by Antonio Fiol Bonnín <fi...@w3ping.com>.
Keiron Liddle wrote:

>>What do you mean exactly? Could you provide me with some sample code please?
>>

>Look in docs/examples/markers/.
>
>In the flow you specify a marker in side a block. The static region can
>then retrieve a marker. If there is a marker specified on the page (with
>appropraite class) then the contents of the marker are placed in the
>static region.

This seems to be exactly the solution for what I was struggling about.

For the page numbering problem, it might be a little more difficult,
however. I will definitely have a look in the stated directory.

Antonio Fiol

Re: Numbering of pages

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Pierre-Yves Chauveau wrote:
> The current implementation can only get markers from the same page, so that
> might a problem.

This is fixed in CVS maintenance branch, you cen now get markers
from other pages (well, with some caveats, best to put a page-number
citation with a non-existent ref-id on the first page).

J.Pietschmann

Re: Numbering of pages

Posted by Pierre-Yves Chauveau <pi...@manpower.fr>.
The current implementation can only get markers from the same page, so that
might a problem. The best way (I think) is to do a different page-sequence
for each mail. Therefore, there is going to be different page numbers for
each mail. You will be able also to render a different header/footer for
each page sequence(mail).
Hope it 'll help.
Ex:
   <fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="all" page-height="297mm"
page-width="210mm" margin-top="10mm" margin-bottom="10mm" margin-left="10mm"
margin-right="10mm">
     <fo:region-body margin-top="20mm" margin-bottom="15mm"/>
     <fo:region-before extent="25mm"/>
     <fo:region-after extent="10mm"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>
   </fo:layout-master-set>
   <xsl:for-each select="mail">
    <fo:page-sequence master-reference="all" format="1"
initial-page-number="1">
     <!-- zone d'en-tête -->
     <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
      <!-- A passer en table car inline n'accepte pas les text-align-->
      <fo:block text-align="center" font-size="26pt" font-family="serif"
font-weight="bold">
      <xsl:value-of-select ="address"/>    </fo:block>
     </fo:static-content>
     <!-- zone de bas de page-->
     <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
          <fo:block font-size="10pt" font-family="serif" line-height="1em +
2pt"> page <fo:page-number/>
     </fo:static-content>
     <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
      <fo:block break-before="page">
       <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
      </fo:block>
     </fo:flow>
    </fo:page-sequence>
   </xsl:for-each>

Pierre-Yves Chauveau

Re: Numbering of pages

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.

Re: Numbering of pages

Posted by MARTIN Franck <fr...@c-s.fr>.

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.

Re: Numbering of pages

Posted by Antonio Fiol Bonnín <fi...@w3ping.com>.
MARTIN Franck wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a long xml document which should generate a 100-page pdf document.
>This document contains mails to various receipiants.
>Those mails are made of several pages which should be numbered individually.
>Does anyone have an idea for numbering properly the whole document?
>
>Thanks
>

>.

I have been struggling with a somehow similar question, and I believe
the answer must be related.

My question is:

How can one include in the header or footer some non-strictly-static
information.

In your case, for example, that would mean including the sender and
recipient of the e-mail in the header of footer. I am assuming that you
start your e-mails at the beginning of a page, but I don't think this
affects the whole issue.

I think that the solution must be somehow close to getting different
{simple|repeatable}-page-master, and using them somehow in the page
sequence. The actual question is: HOW?

Yours,

Antonio Fiol

Numbering of pages

Re: page x of y

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
sascha wrote:
> Yes, I also saw that but somebody said that would result in any kind of
> problems.

There are no problems beside increased memory consumption.
Which can be *the* problem, of course.

J.Pietschmann

Re: page x of y

Posted by sascha <sa...@assbach.de>.
Yes, I also saw that but somebody said that would result in any kind of
problems.
But i will try it and see if it works with my documents.

Thanks
sascha

Posted by Keith Sauvant <fo...@aspera-ohg.de>.
hi sascha,

page x of y

Posted by sascha <sa...@assbach.de>.
hi,

when i was looking for a solution on that one in the archive
i found a solution from J.Pietschmann with some kind of a function.

But as far as i understand, the document is rendered 2 times,
this means the process takes double time, right? ( or is at least
longer... )

Is there really no simpler way? a faster one?
And if not, how and where in my document do i place this "function"?

thanks again,
sascha

Re: lists

Posted by sascha <sa...@assbach.de>.
oh i see, thanks anyway- i will subscribe to that list also , i think...

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

lists

Posted by sascha <sa...@assbach.de>.
Is it possible to transform an input like the following to get back a list
with bullets ?

<pardef id="9" leftmargin="1.2500in" list="bullet"/>
   <par def="9">
    <run>
   </par>
   <par>