Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2002/12/06 18:49:04 UTC

Changes to Test Plugin causes testResources to not copy..

Hi,

I just updated to CVS head of maven to take advantage of jvz's fix to
getDependencyPath, but now my tests that required <testResources> seem to
fail.  I am not getting the test resources copied into my
target/test-classes directory...

Here is my POM:
    <unitTestSourceDirectory>tests/test</unitTestSourceDirectory>

    <unitTest>
      <includes>
        <include>**/*Test.java</include>
        <include>**/Test*.java</include>

      </includes>
      <resources>
        <include>**/*.txt</include>
      </resources>
    </unitTest>

    <testResources>
      <testResource>
        <directory>tests/test</directory>
        <includes>
          <include>**/*.txt</include>
        </includes>
      </testResource>
    </testResources>

Has the POM format for testResources changed?

Eric Pugh

Re: Changes to Test Plugin causes testResources to not copy..

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@jamestaylor.org>.
On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 12:49, EPugh@upstate.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated to CVS head of maven to take advantage of jvz's fix to
> getDependencyPath, but now my tests that required <testResources> seem to
> fail.  I am not getting the test resources copied into my
> target/test-classes directory...
>
> Here is my POM:
>     <unitTestSourceDirectory>tests/test</unitTestSourceDirectory>
>

>     <unitTest>
>       <includes>
>         <include>**/*Test.java</include>
>         <include>**/Test*.java</include>
>
>       </includes>
>       <resources>

>         <include>**/*.txt</include>

</resource>

>       </resources>
>     </unitTest>
>
>     <testResources>
>       <testResource>
>         <directory>tests/test</directory>
>         <includes>
>           <include>**/*.txt</include>
>         </includes>
>       </testResource>
>     </testResources>
>
> Has the POM format for testResources changed?

Jason pulled testResources I guess, but if you format you
unitTest/Resources as above it should work fine.

> Eric Pugh

-- jt

Re: Changes to Test Plugin causes testResources to not copy..

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 12:49, EPugh@upstate.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated to CVS head of maven to take advantage of jvz's fix to
> getDependencyPath, but now my tests that required <testResources> seem to
> fail.  I am not getting the test resources copied into my
> target/test-classes directory...
>
> Here is my POM:
>     <unitTestSourceDirectory>tests/test</unitTestSourceDirectory>
>

>     <unitTest>
>       <includes>
>         <include>**/*Test.java</include>
>         <include>**/Test*.java</include>
>
>       </includes>
>       <resources>
>         <include>**/*.txt</include>
>       </resources>
>     </unitTest>
>
>     <testResources>
>       <testResource>
>         <directory>tests/test</directory>
>         <includes>
>           <include>**/*.txt</include>
>         </includes>
>       </testResource>
>     </testResources>
>
> Has the POM format for testResources changed?

Yes, once I'm finished I'm going to post the summary. But stick them
inside the <unitTest/> element. You seem to be using both?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com