Posted to user@spark.apache.org by raghukiran <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/22 15:10:06 UTC

UDTRegistration (in Java)

Hi,

After moving to Spark 2.0, the UDTRegistration is giving me some issues. I
am trying the following (in Java):

UDTRegistration.register(userclassName, udtclassName);

After this, when I try creating a DataFrame<Row>, it throws an exception
that the userclassName is not registered. Can anyone point me to what I am
missing?

Regards,
Raghu

Re: UDTRegistration (in Java)

Posted by raghukiran <ra...@gmail.com>.
Well, it is perplexing - as I am able to simply call UDTRegistration from
Java. And maybe it is not working properly? I was able to put in a
class/String through the register function. And when I call exists(..) it
returns true. So, it appears to work, but has issues :-)

Regards,
Raghu