Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by José Luis Larroque <la...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/24 21:30:30 UTC

Reduce stuck at 0% in PageRankBenchmark - Giraph examples

Hi guys, i'm testing my Single Node Cluster Giraph installation using
PageRankBenchmark example, in the following way:

*$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar
  /usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/mapreduce/giraph-examples-1.1.0-for-hadoop-2.4.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.benchmark.PageRankBenchmark -v -V 1000 -e 1 -s 5 -w 1*

But after's the mappers complete their job, reducer's don't start. My
question is, this is correct?

Because i understand that if a mapper get executed, a reducer has to start
to take the map's output as an input and finish the work. But i google it,
and always PageRankBenchmark (and ShortestPathExample too) ends with Reduce
at 0%. Here it's an example :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25084629/classnotfoundexception-running-giraphrunner-on-a-modified-simpleshortestpathsver

So, i don't no if it's ok that in PageRankBenchmark and ShortestPathExample
says that Reduce is at 0%

I'm using hadoop 2.4, with Phadoop_yarn profile.

Hope someone could help me.

Bye!

Jose

Re: Reduce stuck at 0% in PageRankBenchmark - Giraph examples

Posted by José Luis Larroque <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi again, i get an answer for this in Stack Overflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29243211/pagerankbenchmark-reduce-at-0-giraph-example/30476769#30476769>,
i will leave it here:
*"Giraph following map-only paradigm. In other words, each worker is
associated with a map task. all of computations is performed within just
map task and communication between map-tasks in order to send / receive
messages is done by using of zookeeper. So, it is unlike of traditional
map-reduce programming paradigm which map outputs transmitted to reducers.
Therefore, there is no reduce task and no map output as well."*

Let's hope that this answer is useful for other's too.

Bye!

Posted by José Luis Larroque <la...@gmail.com>.