Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/09 01:07:41 UTC

Encoding an event context parameter in javascript

Sometimes i need construct an event url in javascript. In order to be able
pass context parameter to the event that include strings with spaces for
example i need to encode the parameter values.

I've tried url encoding but if i do i get an exception when tapestry tries
to build the EventContext. Something like:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Input string 'a b' is not valid; the
character ' ' at position 2 is not valid.
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.URLEncoderImpl.decode(URLEncoderImpl.java:143)
    at $URLEncoder_12087e2f017.decode($URLEncoder_12087e2f017.java)
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ContextPathEncoderImpl.decodePath(ContextPathEncoderImpl.java:86)

when the passed value is 'a b' url encoded. I can see that there's an
ContextPathEncoder service but that's obviously not available on javascript.
I'm using 5.1.0.2.

Any idea how i can do this ?
Thanks.

Re: Encoding an event context parameter in javascript

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
:o)
fair enough, i'll give it a try...

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Done, i've created an issue with my implementation.

For future reference: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-637

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.