Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/29 15:44:41 UTC

[DISCUSS] Change some default settings for avoiding unintended usages

Hi, users and dev,

Recently, I've got an issue about the abnormal usage of some interpreters.
Zeppelin's users can access shell by shell and python interpreters. It
means all users can run or execute what they want even if it harms the
system. Thus I agree that we need to change some default settings to
prevent this kind of abusing situation. Before we proceed to do it, I want
to listen to others' opinions.

Feel free to reply this email

Regards,
Jongyoul

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: [DISCUSS] Change some default settings for avoiding unintended usages

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.
Would be nice if each user's interpreter is started in its own docker
container a-la cloudera data science workbench.
Then each user's shell interpreter is pretty isolated.
Actually, from a CDSW session you could pop up a terminal session to your
container which I found pretty neat.

--
Ruslan Dautkhanov

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
I also worry about well-known password problem. We need to find a way of
generating password randomly at the first time to avoid potential risk, but
it’s not easy on our current shiro setting. Can someone have any good idea
to solve it?

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈