Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by CASTELLE Thomas <tc...@generali.fr> on 2003/01/22 11:54:17 UTC

Mod_disk_cache garbage-collecting question

Hi there !

I just have a very simple question concerning garbage-collecting under
mod_disk_cache.

It doesn't seem to be implemented yet (by the way, is there a deadline for
this ?), but there is a CacheSize directive which seems to be based on
garbage collection (see the doc : "...This directive does not put a hard
limit on the size of the cache. The garbage collector will delete files
until the usage is at or below the settings...").

So, my question is : is the CacheSize directive really efficient ? And if
so, when does the garbage collection takes place ? Which file does it erase
first ? Is my cache going to grow until it crashes my beautiful webserver ?
;-)

Thanks for your answer and for Apache 2.0.44 !

Thomas

Posted by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@remulak.net>.
Thomas,

Currently the disk cache garbage collection is not implemented. This is
one of the reasons why this code is still in the experimental directory.
There is not a schedule for adding this code. If you would like to
contribute code to do this, please jump in.

That being said, it is one of the things I will be looking at over the
next several months, no promises on schedule though. Other things take
higher priority for me at the moment.

Currently the CacheSize directive does nothing for the disk cache so
it will be as efficient as you or I (or someone else) make it. :)

Paul J. Reder

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein