Posted to users@flex.apache.org by chromalux <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2014/01/28 01:22:26 UTC

Spark GridView and accessing the rendererLayer (4.10+)

Hi Everybody,

We've run into an issue accessing the rendererLayer in a Spark grid in 4.10.
It appears that this might be from the changes in the grid skin where the
gridLayers are now wrapped with a GridView.

Our custom skin has been updated to include the required GridView wrapper:

<s:Grid id="grid" itemRenderer="...">
    <s:gridView>
        <fx:Component>
            <s:GridView >
                <s:GridLayer name="backgroundLayer"/>
                <s:GridLayer name="selectionLayer"/>
                <s:GridLayer name="editorIndicatorLayer"/>
                <s:GridLayer name="rendererLayer"/>
                <s:GridLayer name="overlayLayer"/>
            </s:GridView>
        </fx:Component>
    </s:gridView>
</s:Grid>

Previously we could access the rendererLayer on partAdded like this:

const rendererLayer:GridLayer =
dataGrid.grid.getChildByName("rendererLayer") as GridLayer;
rendererLayer.addEventListener(ElementExistenceEvent.ELEMENT_ADD,
rendererLayer_elementAddHandler);

But that doesn't work anymore. I've tried accessing it via the grid.layout,
adding an id to the gridView and I've tried using updateComplete instead of
partAdded (which is too late anyway) and a few other ways but with no luck
so far. Any suggestions on how to reference the rendererLayer via the grid
would be appreciated.

Ultimately what we're after is the renderers themselves as they are created
and not the rendererLayer itself. If there is another way of getting at
those that would eliminate the need to access the rendererLayer that would
work as well.

Thanks a lot,

-Michael

Re: Spark GridView and accessing the rendererLayer (4.10+)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I thought you were supposed to use datagrid.grid.getItemRendererAt