Posted to user@struts.apache.org by chamal desilva <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/07 13:08:54 UTC

Using properties files other than ApplicationProperties

Hi,

I want store all messages in a properties file called
MessageProperties.

I added this line to struts config file.
<message-resources key="messages"
parameter="arweb.resources.MessageResources"></message-resources>

How can I retireve values in properties file from my
action classes in order to display them using

Thanking You,
Chamal.

Re: Using properties files other than ApplicationProperties

Posted by Monkeyden <mo...@gmail.com>.
Assuming you meant that you want to add errors in the Action, rather than
the ActionForm, in your Action...

   1. Create an empty ActionErrors object.  Let's call it "errors".
   2. Add messages to it as necessary (e.g. errors.add("propertyName"
   ,new ActionMessage("msg.key"));)
   3. Then call the base class method saveErrors(request, errors);

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.