Posted to users@rave.apache.org by "anne-helene.turpin@renater.fr" <an...@renater.fr> on 2012/04/03 12:21:11 UTC

Extend Rave to build personal portal

Hi rave users,

I try building my own portal by extending Rave. I'm checking out the
Rave Vanila extension and I try to customize this project.

I change the name of the modules and in fact the group id and the
artifact id. I conserve the dependency with Rave. It work.

When I change the CustomUserService class for an other package, the war
generated is incorrect and the application doesn't work anymore.

How can I solve this problem ? I read the documentation but I don't find
the solution to do this.

Thanks you for your help.
Regards

--
Anne-Hélène TURPIN
Renater

Re: Extend Rave to build personal portal

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

Re: Extend Rave to build personal portal

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
Hi Anne-Helene,

On 3 April 2012 12:21, anne-helene.turpin@renater.fr <
anne-helene.turpin@renater.fr> wrote:

> Hi rave users,
>
> I try building my own portal by extending Rave. I'm checking out the Rave
> Vanila extension and I try to customize this project.
>
> I change the name of the modules and in fact the group id and the artifact
> id. I conserve the dependency with Rave. It work.
>
> When I change the CustomUserService class for an other package, the war
> generated is incorrect and the application doesn't work anymore.

> How can I solve this problem ? I read the documentation but I don't find
> the solution to do this.

In [1] there is a component-scan configured for all @Component (@Service
extends @Component) classes in o.a.r.portal.service. If you have a custom
component in a different package, you either need to add an extra component
scan or define the bean explicitly. This is not specific for Apache Rave,
but that's how Spring configuration works.
The customUserService for the vanilla extension is referenced in [2]. You
can define your custom customUserService in your local version of this file.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/rave/trunk/rave-components/rave-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/rave/core-applicationContext.xml

[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/rave/sandbox/rave-extensions/rave-vanilla-extension/rave-vanilla-extension-portal/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/applicationContext-security.xml

Regards,

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com