Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by AJ Chen <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/07 18:16:01 UTC

log error in deploying nutch-0.9-dev.jar

I'm customizing 0.9-dev code for my vertical search engine.  After rebuild
the nutch-0.9-dev.jar and put it into ROOT\WEB-INF\lib, there is an error
when starting Tomcat:
log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: \ (The system cannot find the path specified)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:289)
        at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java
:163)
log4j:ERROR Either File or DatePattern options are not set for appender
[DRFA].

It complains about log file.  When crawling, nutch script sets the
directory/file for hadoop log.  But, when doing search, this is not set.
Does nutch write log to haddop.log during web search?  How to make it not to
look for log file?

Thanks,
AJ
--
http://web2express.org

Re: log error in deploying nutch-0.9-dev.jar

Posted by AJ Chen <ca...@gmail.com>.
This is solved. I accidentally put log4j.prperties into
ROOT\WEB-INF\classes.
-aj

--
AJ Chen, PhD