Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/24 08:29:57 UTC

[DISCUSS] Moving the JAXB specification apis to Geronimo Specs

In ServiceMix we have rewritten the JAXB specs jars (2.0 and 2.1)
because we needed to be able to do some modifications for OSGi.
We'd like to move them to the Geronimo Specs subproject as it would be
more consistent and would allow them to pass the TCK.
The code base are available at:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/specs/trunk/jaxb-api-2.0/
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/specs/trunk/jaxb-api-2.1/

I'm quite confident that passing the TCK should not be a major problem
because they check the compliance with the Sun jars using a maven
plugin that use introspection to detect signature changes between two
jars.  Anyway, feedback welcome.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [DISCUSS] Moving the JAXB specification apis to Geronimo Specs

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

-Donald

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 05 November 2008 9:43:28 pm Donald Woods wrote:
> These are clean room implementations, right?

Right.   There were some bugs in a couple of the earlier versions where
Guillaume didn't read the spec carefully enough.   As a couple of people have
used it, we've kind of ironed them out, but a full TCK run would be great and
would be a huge confidence builder.   At the very least, run the API tests.

> Also, does this provide the API and IMPL for JAXB?

Just the API jar.     You would still need the jaxb-impl from sun.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Moving the JAXB specification apis to Geronimo Specs

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Fine with me!

david jencks

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
This sounds like a good thing to me too.

Rick

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jay

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

-Donald

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Fine with me!

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In ServiceMix we have rewritten the JAXB specs jars (2.0 and 2.1)
> because we needed to be able to do some modifications for OSGi.
> We'd like to move them to the Geronimo Specs subproject as it would be
> more consistent and would allow them to pass the TCK.
> The code base are available at:
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/specs/trunk/jaxb-api-2.0/
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/specs/trunk/jaxb-api-2.1/
>
> I'm quite confident that passing the TCK should not be a major problem
> because they check the compliance with the Sun jars using a maven
> plugin that use introspection to detect signature changes between two
> jars.  Anyway, feedback welcome.

Probably a good thing, especially since no JAXB API exists there yet, does it?

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/