Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Mark Womack <mw...@bevocal.com> on 2003/01/08 22:16:19 UTC

Content-Encoding support?

Hi all,

I was wondering if the current client supports the automatic decoding of
formats like "gzip" or "deflate" as specified by the Content-Encoding
response header.  I'm guessing no, but wanted to verify with the experts.

thanks,
-Mark

Re: Content-Encoding support?

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.
Mark Womack wrote:
> I was wondering if the current client supports the automatic decoding of
> formats like "gzip" or "deflate" as specified by the Content-Encoding
> response header.  I'm guessing no, but wanted to verify with the experts.

No it doesn't. This is currently outside our scope and considered
responsibility of the application.