Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2008/04/17 19:10:38 UTC

Remote deployment using --inPlace option

Hi,

Something was unclear to me. It seems that the remote deployment using the --inPlace option (for a totally exploded EAR with
exploded and only exploded WARs inside) is only possible if you replicate the deployed directory structure on both the client and
the server machine. Am I right or am I missing something ?

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Remote deployment using --inPlace option

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi David,

From: "David Jencks" <da...@yahoo.com>

> On Apr 17, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Something was unclear to me. It seems that the remote deployment
>> using the --inPlace option (for a totally exploded EAR with
>> exploded and only exploded WARs inside) is only possible if you
>> replicate the deployed directory structure on both the client and
>> the server machine. Am I right or am I missing something ?
>
> You are right.  I guess we might try harder to disable any pretense
> of --inPlace working with remote deployment.

Yes the documentation is a bit sparse about this issue. Anyway, I can confirm it works using such replication (with exacly same
path on both machines).

Thanks for support
Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "David Jencks" <da...@yahoo.com>

> On Apr 17, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>>> Hi David,

>>> Yes the documentation is a bit sparse about this issues. Anyway, I
>>> can confirm it works using such replication (with exactly same
>>> path on both machines).
>>
>> By the way, do you want that I open a Jira issue for that ?
>
> That would be great.  I'm not sure we'll do much about it soon, but
> it's good to have on record.

Done : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3963

Jacques

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi David,

> On Apr 17, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Something was unclear to me. It seems that the remote deployment  using the --inPlace option (for a totally exploded EAR with
>> exploded and only exploded WARs inside) is only possible if you  replicate the deployed directory structure on both the client
>> and  the server machine. Am I right or am I missing something ?
>
> You are right.  I guess we might try harder to disable any pretense  of --inPlace working with remote deployment.

Yes the documentation is a bit sparse about this issues. Anyway, I can confirm it works using such replication (with exacly same
path on both machines).

Thanks for support

Jacques

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.