Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de> on 2009/07/09 15:08:12 UTC

AW:

Hi everybody,

I still have a problem when inserting PNG files into a PDF using fop. My PNG file has a color profile "Dot Gain 15%". The PDF contains the same png file, but the color profile is suddenly "KODAK Grayscale Conversion - Gamma 1.0".

New information: Converting the PNG file to JPG with ImageMagick (convert imgTest.png imgTest.jpg) and including the JPG file, the color profile is retained.

So it's not like fop doesn't know how to handle Dot Gain 15% but the PNG handling part, which is AFAIK managed on this list, seems to replace the color profile. If anybody here knows why this happens, why this could happen, where this could happen or why that makes sense, please contact me.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl

Geneon media solutions gmbh
Gutenstetter Straße 8a
90449 Nürnberg

HRB Nürnberg: 17193
Geschäftsführer: Yong-Harry Steiert

Tel.: 0911/36 78 88 - 26
Fax: 0911/36 78 88 - 20

www.geneon.de

AW: color profiles in PNG and brighter images in PDF

Posted by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de>.
Hi Max,

That would be really great, thanks a lot! Bug is reported as  Bug 47561, all necessary data is attached.

Posted by Max Berger <ma...@berger.name>.
Dear Georg,