Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Greenberg, Gary" <gg...@visa.com> on 2018/12/02 21:06:45 UTC

Netbeans 8.2 are hanging on downloading Javadoc

I haven't seen it before, but last 3-4 days it happening very often.
In the middle of code editing this thing pops up:
[cid:image002.png@01D48A3F.6E2D6AF0]
And everything freezes forever. I have to kill the process with the loss of all edits and start anew.
The additional problem is, that when I restarts Netbeans it opens me files that I was working 3 weeks ago and I have to do close all and reopen what I need now.
That takes some extra time and I am on a very tight schedule.
I do love Netbeans, but now I am thinking to switch to IntelliJ.

Gary Greenberg
Staff Software Engineer
Data Product Development
ggreenbe@visa.com<ma...@visa.com>
Mobile: (650)269-7902

[/Users/nkavumpu/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_749324139]

RE: Netbeans 8.2 are hanging on downloading Javadoc

Posted by "Greenberg, Gary" <gg...@visa.com>.
Thanks Emilian,
I have downloaded Javadoc zip file and removed that URL and it did help.

Perhaps your IT infra is blocking those URLs?

Still, it's a bug that this is blocking the IDE and that it's forgetting the previously edited files...

--emi

http://coolbeans.xyz/ - CoolBeans: An IDE for Java, JavaEE, PHP and more!

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.