Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Patrick Tonidandel <pa...@wuerth.it> on 2001/09/05 09:28:40 UTC

BUG in IDBroker.java

Hi there,

i found an error in method updateRow() :

private void updateRow(Connection con,
                           String tableName,
                           String id)
        throws Exception
    {
        StringBuffer stmt =
            new StringBuffer(id.length() + tableName.length() + 50);
        stmt.append( "UPDATE ID_TABLE" )
            .append( " SET next_id = " )
<--------------------------------- next_id should be NEXT_ID
            .append( id )
            .append( " WHERE TABLE_NAME = '" )
            .append( tableName )
            .append( '\'' );

        Statement statement = null;

        try
        {
            statement = con.createStatement();
            statement.executeUpdate( stmt.toString() );
        }
        finally
        {
            if (statement != null) statement.close();
        }
    }

If you run the example on a case sensitive DB like Sybase ASE, you get an
error when you try to insert a
Row in the example Tables.

Is someone thinking about this kind of databases. I have this troubles
because I have to map tables of an existing case sensitive DB (Sybase ASE).

Re: BUG in IDBroker.java

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 9/5/01 12:28 AM, "Patrick Tonidandel" <pa...@wuerth.it>
wrote:

> If you run the example on a case sensitive DB like Sybase ASE, you get an
> error when you try to insert a
> Row in the example Tables.
>
> Is someone thinking about this kind of databases. I have this troubles
> because I have to map tables of an existing case sensitive DB (Sybase ASE).

Fixed in Torque CVS HEAD.

Thanks.

-jon