Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sean Wheller <se...@inwords.co.za> on 2005/05/09 12:17:29 UTC

New Web Site based on Forrest

Hello,

Just a note to let you know that I have published my web site using Apache
Forrest. I still have some minor issues to resolve, but the content is driven
entirely from Docbook XML.

http://www.inwords.co.za

Feedback thoughts, ideas, typos, etc. All welcomed.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author

Re: New Web Site based on Forrest

Posted by Sean Wheller <se...@inwords.co.za>.
On Monday 09 May 2005 13:32, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
> > Just a note to let you know that I have published my web site using
> > Apache Forrest. I still have some minor issues to resolve, but the
> > content is driven entirely from Docbook XML.
> >
> > http://www.inwords.co.za
>
> added, thanks

Great.

> > Feedback thoughts, ideas, typos, etc. All welcomed.
>
> I was thinking of contacting people like yourself, who have customised
> their skins, and requesting that you make the skin available for others
> via the skin download mechanism. It would be an easy way to contribute
> back to the community.
>
> All you need to do is package the skin using forrest and make it
> available somewhere on the web and let us know what to add to the
> skins.xml file (see http://forrest.apache.org/0.6/docs/skin-package.html )
>
> Of course, there is no obligation to do this. If the skin is an
> important part of your corporate branding we will understand perfectly.
>
> Problem is, the skin download mechanism has been around for a long time
> but has not really been tested out in the real world. Perhaps you could
> help us out by being the first to provide a skin to download?

Yes, I am aware of this problem. However, like you say branding is an issue. I
will see if I can squeeze some time to develop a more generic skin type,
based on the one you see on my web site, and publish that. I may also have
the opportunity to produce a new skin for another project I am working on.

Keep in touch.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Sean Wheller wrote:
> Just a note to let you know that I have published my web site using Apache
> Forrest. I still have some minor issues to resolve, but the content is driven
> entirely from Docbook XML.
>
> http://www.inwords.co.za

added, thanks

> Feedback thoughts, ideas, typos, etc. All welcomed.

I was thinking of contacting people like yourself, who have customised
their skins, and requesting that you make the skin available for others
via the skin download mechanism. It would be an easy way to contribute
back to the community.

All you need to do is package the skin using forrest and make it
available somewhere on the web and let us know what to add to the
skins.xml file (see http://forrest.apache.org/0.6/docs/skin-package.html )

Of course, there is no obligation to do this. If the skin is an
important part of your corporate branding we will understand perfectly.

Problem is, the skin download mechanism has been around for a long time
but has not really been tested out in the real world. Perhaps you could
help us out by being the first to provide a skin to download?

Ross