Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/15 18:11:16 UTC

Limited network upload rate

Hello,

My server has 1Gbps network connectivity with no limits and I have set
500Mbps network rate for the service offering. VMs deployed with this
service offering seems to have 500Mbps download speed capacity, however
looks like their upload speed rate is limited to 100Mbps by the virtual
router. Also I have network throttling rate to 10000 Mbps in the zone's
settings.

Any idea what's limiting the upload speeds?

Best Regards

Re: Limited network upload rate

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

please test with smaller values, to confirm that the outside server can
handle it - 500 and 1000 Mbps might be just too muc (test with 10-50 range,
to make sense)

For KVM, if nothing has changed recently, the way it worked was following:

VM will inherit network rate from the compute offering - afaik all NICs (if
VM is attached to more than 1 network) - but if you DON'T set network rate
on compute offering, then limits are inherited (on VM level) from global
settings (can't be sure which one of the two existing)

VR (all it's NICs) will inherit network rate in similar fashion, if you set
it on Service Offering level, otherwise again they are inherited from
global settings.

For KVM specifically, you should see same download/upload rate in general.

Andrija

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Limited network upload rate