Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by David Handermann <ex...@apache.org> on 2022/12/12 17:02:25 UTC

[VOTE] Adopt NiFi 2.0 Proposed Release Goals

Team,

Following positive feedback on NiFi 2.0 Proposed Release Goals [1] on the
recent discussion thread [2], I am calling this vote to adopt the following
as Release Goals for NiFi 2.0:

1. Remove Java 8 support and require Java 11
2. Remove deprecated components
3. Remove deprecated component properties
4. Remove components integrating with unmaintained services
5. Remove compatibility classes and methods
6. Remove flow.xml.gz in favor of flow.json.gz
7. Remove duplicative features
8. Upgrade internal Java API references
9. Reorganize standard components
10. Implement migration tools for upgrading flows

A positive vote indicates agreement on these goals and the initiation of
the following actions:

1. Rename NiFi 2.0 Proposed Release Goals to NiFi 2.0 Release Goals
2. Create version 1 branch in Git for subsequent support releases on the
version 1 series
3. Update the current main branch in Git to version 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT

The vote will be open for 72 hours and follow standard procedures for
release votes.

Please review the linked goals and discussions for background.

[ ] +1 Adopt NiFi 2.0 Release Goals
[ ] +0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Do not adopt NiFi 2.0 Release Goals for the following reasons...

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/NiFi+2.0+Proposed+Release+Goals
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/xo77p9t3xg4k70356xrqbdg4m9sg7sf8

Re: [VOTE] Adopt NiFi 2.0 Proposed Release Goals

Posted by Robert Fellows <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
-------------------------------
Rob Fellows

Re: [VOTE] Adopt NiFi 2.0 Proposed Release Goals

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Ferenc Kis <br...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Kevin Doran <kd...@apache.org>.
 +1 (binding)

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 10:02 AM David Handermann <

Posted by Csaba Bejan <be...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Simon Bence <si...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Steven Matison <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Tony Kurc <tk...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by David Handermann <ex...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Edward,

If you could provide some additional details in a new thread, that would be
helpful.  As stated, the primary purpose of the proposed goals is to reduce
technical debt without introducing too many breaking changes. Depending on
the components in question, there may be opportunity for some refactoring.

Regards,
David Handermann

Posted by Zoltán Kornél Török <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)