Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2006/07/02 23:38:57 UTC

Re: [all] change group id? [WAS Re: [logging] RC on ibiblio ?]

OK, I'm finally getting back to this. I've run the tests in my local M2
repo and, using the (slightly modified, see below) recipe below, I've
managed to get it to work as expected.

To get this show on the road I will subscribe to repository@ and ask for
some guidance. Will post back here later.

Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> Are you thinking about doing it in the m1 or m2 repo?
>
> see below
>
> On 6/7/06, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
>> So, in the simple example below, covering commons-lang, the procedure
>> would be:
>>
>> 1. Copy all files from /commons-lang/ to
>> /org/apache/commons/commons-lang/ in the *Apache* repo
>>
>> 2. Change the groupId of all the pom files under
>> /org/apache/commons/commons-lang/ so that they use the
>> org.apache.commons groupId
>>
>> 3. Add relocation elements to all pom files in /commons-lang/ pointing
>> them to org.apache.commons like this:
>>
>>    <relocation>
>>      <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>>    </relocation>

Just a note that this is in the <distributionManagement> section of the pom.

Dennis Lundberg