Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/11 22:43:49 UTC

Updated Hotel Booking demo app

Everybody,

There's a greatly revised and polished version of the Tapestry Hotel
Booking app now running at:

    http://tapestry-vm.apache.org:8080/hotels/

Notable changes:

1) This version uses Tapestry 5.4, with jQuery and Bootstrap (although it
doesn't take full advantage of Tapestry 5.4's great new JavaScript
capabilities, yet).

2) You don't have to log in until saving a reservation at the end
(previously you had to log in on the first page before you could do
anything).

3) All of the "marketing" language on the right side has been replaced by a
tutorial-like explanation of how each page works.8) Warnings were added
about not entering sensitive data, since the app is not yet running under
SLL (but that's in the works).

4) The app now demonstrates localization: Spanish/Español text is
automatically served to browsers that prefer Spanish/Español. Note: the
translation was mechanical, and pull requests for better translations are
welcome!

5) Lots of bugs were fixed

6) The UI received lots of tweaking and polishing.

7) Now, only encrypted hashes (SHA-256 digests) of passwords are stored in
the database, rather than the plain text passwords themselves.

8) Warnings were added about not entering sensitive data, since the app is
not yet running under SLL (but that's in the works).

9) You can now search for a hotel by hotel name, city name, or * (which
returns all hotels)

Hopefully the result is a much better demonstration of the Tapestry
framework, and a more polished and professional example for those who want
to copy it as a starting point for their own apps.

Bob Harner

Re: Updated Hotel Booking demo app

Posted by joe schacher <di...@gmail.com>.
many thanks, Bob. i'm getting there with maven!

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
Joe,

Posted by joe schacher <di...@gmail.com>.
hello all,