Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Lu Heng <h....@anytimechinese.com> on 2012/07/23 18:24:41 UTC

Re-install VM

Hi

We are using CS 3.0.1 and XENSERVER, seems to me there is no where I
can find a re-install option for the VM, does that means if we want to
re-install the system, we either need to do it manually by console
with ISO or we have to destroy it and create a new one?

Kind regards.
Lu

This transmission is intended solely for the addressee(s) shown above.
It may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. Any review, dissemination or use
of this transmission or its contents by persons other than the
intended addressee(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmission in error, please notify this office immediately and
e-mail the original at the sender's address above by replying to this
message and including the text of the transmission received.

RE: Re-install VM

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.
> > This is interesting. If you reinstall the VM, you cannot expand its hardware
> resource.
> > How does OnApp do this ?
>
> It allow scale up or down by even 1mb of ram for each vm, also many vps
> solutions even support that, e.g solusvm.
>
> So you can adjust resource court by 1mhz of CPU or 1mb of ram etc, by that
> way customer are able to scale up or down their vms.

So that's more like virtual machine management software that you can specify CPU/Memory with a value when you creating it? And next time you reboot it, you can re-edit the value?

Re: Re-install VM

Posted by "H.Lu" <h....@anytimechinese.com>.
Hi

Kind regards