Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2011/03/07 12:26:32 UTC

QPID-3115: candidate for 0.10?

I have completed fixes to the c++ client for QPID-3115 (making it more
consistent with the python connection options).

I believe this is a low risk set of changes and would be useful to users
of Qpid 0.10 and would therefore suggest they could be merged on to the
0.10 release branch. However they are not critical in anyway, so this is
not essential.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: QPID-3115: candidate for 0.10?

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Ok, I'm in favor of including this for 0.10 as long as the user is
tipped off somehow via the release notes.

-Steve

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Gordon,

> I have completed fixes to the c++ client for QPID-3115
> (making it more
> consistent with the python connection options).
>
> I believe this is a low risk set of changes and would be
> useful to users
> of Qpid 0.10 and would therefore suggest they could be merged
> on to the
> 0.10 release branch. However they are not critical in anyway,
> so this is
> not essential.
>
> Any thoughts or opinions?

Consistency is good. Is there any place the change is documented for the
unsuspecting user? Will this break 0.8 applications?

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org