Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Alagan Sathianathan <AS...@ifmc.sdps.org> on 2004/03/23 21:40:47 UTC

javamail and Groupwise

Hi:
We use Novell mail servers and Groupwise clients in our shop. I am using JavaMail API to send email by using the SMTP server. It works fine.
In the receieving part, we don't have a seperate IMAP or POP3 servers where I could use JavaMail to read the mails from a inbox.

I have some issues how to track the bounced emails. Novell Groupwise has a COM API and I could successfully connect to it by using JNI. But it can run only on the Windos box. So that option is out.

I am looking for some ideas how could I get access to the returned/bounced mails.

I could set up some rules in my Groupwise to forward the bounced emails to another server (James) so I could read the messages from the second server.(I am not sure how it will work).

Has anyone dealt with similar issues?

Thanks for your ideas.

Re: javamail and Groupwise

Posted by Andrew Gilbert <an...@soundbite.com>.
Alagan,

Use VERP style addressing, setup GroupWise/Novell to forward the bounces
to James. Write a mailet for James to process. You should be set.

Andy

1. Use james for your outgoing mail server and write a mailet to handle
bounces