Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jacob Arnold <Ja...@envworld.com> on 2002/05/06 19:49:50 UTC

Stored Procedures in Descriptors?

I've been adapting the protected login example from the Cocoon docs for my
own Web application, but my company encrypts users' passwords in its Oracle
database. Is it possible to call a stored procedure (to check the password)
from a descriptor? I haven't been able to figure out the syntax for doing
so, if it's possible. I'd like to use a descriptor so I can describe the
process for validating users on protected pages in the pipeline.

Thanks,
Jacob

Re: Stored Procedures in Descriptors?

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 06.May.2002 -- 11:49 AM, Jacob Arnold wrote:
> I've been adapting the protected login example from the Cocoon docs for my
> own Web application, but my company encrypts users' passwords in its Oracle
> database. Is it possible to call a stored procedure (to check the password)
> from a descriptor? I haven't been able to figure out the syntax for doing
> so, if it's possible. I'd like to use a descriptor so I can describe the
> process for validating users on protected pages in the pipeline.

I'm afraid not. SQL statements are generated in a way incompatible
with SPs. Perhaps you can achieve your goal (still without SP, I'm
afraid) with the "modular" Database Actions from scratchpad. You can
have your encryption in a specialized input module or use the
MessageDigestMetaModule for it. There's no specialized authenticator
action in the modular package, but DatabaseSelectAction should do the
trick.

HTH,

	Chris.

--