Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tom Cat <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/08 22:27:23 UTC

Problems with NoClassDefFound Error in tomcat 6

Hello,

I am trying to run my webapp in tomcat 6 but am having a problem. A
servlet I use imports org.w3c.tidy.Tidy and the code compiles fine.
When I try to run it in tomcat though, i get this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/tidy/Tidy

I don't understand why it throws this error. Tidy is in my classpath
and the code compiles fine. If any more information is needed, I will
be happy to provide.

Thanks

Re: Problems with NoClassDefFound Error in tomcat 6

Posted by Tom Cat <to...@gmail.com>.
well that solves the noClassDef problem. Now the page just loads
infinitely with a blank screen. But maybe this isn't a tomcat problem,
but rather a code problem.

Thanks

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Tom Cat wrote:
> No, I didn't have Tidy.jar in the webapp's classpath. I moved it into
> the WEB-INF/lib folder and am still getting a NoClassDefFound error.
>
> Any help?

Did you reload your webapp?

Mark

Re: Problems with NoClassDefFound Error in tomcat 6

Posted by Tom Cat <to...@gmail.com>.
No, I didn't have Tidy.jar in the webapp's classpath. I moved it into
the WEB-INF/lib folder and am still getting a NoClassDefFound error.

Any help?

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Tom Cat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run my webapp in tomcat 6 but am having a problem. A
> servlet I use imports org.w3c.tidy.Tidy and the code compiles fine.
> When I try to run it in tomcat though, i get this error:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/tidy/Tidy
>

> I don't understand why it throws this error. Tidy is in my classpath
> and the code compiles fine. If any more information is needed, I will
> be happy to provide.

You need to include that class in your webapp, probably as part of a JAR in
WEB-INF/lib

Mark