Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rishi krish <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/09 16:44:43 UTC

axis2 repository

Hi
Below is the snippet from the web.xml file that the axis2 servlet reads to
find the repository details.
  <init-param>
   <param-name>axis2.xml.path</param-name>
   <param-value>C:\axis2\myrepository\axis2.xml</param-value>
  </init-param>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>axis2.repository.path</param-name>
   <param-value>C:\axis2\myrepository</param-value>
  </init-param>

Is there a way that I can provide this programmatically at the server
startup - like setting some system property. What we are trying to avoid is
specifying that in the web.xml which is just a setup headache for end users
when we finally ship our product with axis bundled with it. We plan to
derive the axis2 repository path from some othe application specific params
and create the repository folder structure and copy all the modules
[rampart,addressing] mar files as well as the axis2.xml at some point in the
appserver startup. We will *NOT* mark the axis servlet as load-on-startup to
be true. What I am looking is for an api/way to set those 2 values other
than from the web.xml.

--
thanks
Rishi

Re: axis2 repository

Posted by Rishi krish <ri...@gmail.com>.
created AXIS2-1960.
thanks
Rishi

On 1/9/07, Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> wrote:

> Hi Rishi ;
>
> At the moment we do not have a way to provide parameters programatically
> , I also think its a good feature to have . So please create a JIRA then
> I will make sure to fix that before next release.
>
> Thanks
> Deepal
>
> > Hi
> > Below is the snippet from the web.xml file that the axis2 servlet
> > reads to find the repository details.
> >   <init-param>
> >    <param-name>axis2.xml.path</param-name>
> >    <param-value>C:\axis2\myrepository\axis2.xml</param-value>
> >   </init-param>
> >   <init-param>
> >    <param-name>axis2.repository.path</param-name>
> >    <param-value>C:\axis2\myrepository</param-value>
> >   </init-param>
> >
> > Is there a way that I can provide this programmatically at the server
> > startup - like setting some system property. What we are trying to
> > avoid is specifying that in the web.xml which is just a setup headache
> > for end users when we finally ship our product with axis bundled with
> > it. We plan to derive the axis2 repository path from some othe
> > application specific params and create the repository folder structure
> > and copy all the modules [rampart,addressing] mar files as well as the
> > axis2.xml at some point in the appserver startup. We will *NOT* mark
> > the axis servlet as load-on-startup to be true. What I am looking is
> > for an api/way to set those 2 values other than from the web.xml.
> >
> > --
> > thanks
> > Rishi

> Deepal
> "The highest tower is built one brick at a time"

thanks
Rishi

Re: axis2 repository

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Rishi ;

At the moment we do not have a way to provide parameters programatically
, I also think its a good feature to have . So please create a JIRA then
I will make sure to fix that before next release.

Thanks
Deepal

> Hi
> Below is the snippet from the web.xml file that the axis2 servlet
> reads to find the repository details.
>   <init-param>
>    <param-name>axis2.xml.path</param-name>
>    <param-value>C:\axis2\myrepository\axis2.xml</param-value>
>   </init-param>
>   <init-param>
>    <param-name>axis2.repository.path</param-name>
>    <param-value>C:\axis2\myrepository</param-value>
>   </init-param>
>
> Is there a way that I can provide this programmatically at the server
> startup - like setting some system property. What we are trying to
> avoid is specifying that in the web.xml which is just a setup headache
> for end users when we finally ship our product with axis bundled with
> it. We plan to derive the axis2 repository path from some othe
> application specific params and create the repository folder structure
> and copy all the modules [rampart,addressing] mar files as well as the
> axis2.xml at some point in the appserver startup. We will *NOT* mark
> the axis servlet as load-on-startup to be true. What I am looking is
> for an api/way to set those 2 values other than from the web.xml.
>
> --
> thanks
> Rishi

Deepal

RE: axis2 repository

Posted by Gul Onural <on...@nortel.com>.

I am looking for similar capability too... For the production, it is not
desirable to have "hard-coded" repository path...

Gul