Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch> on 2010/05/17 11:06:48 UTC

How to create a report based on annotations

Hi

I'd like to create a Maven report based on annotations (OVal annotations, to be precise).

Can I use the apt-maven-plugin for this (and if yes, how would I do it)?

Also, is there a tutorial for more sophisticated site plugins? Like using CSS styles, default images etc.

Best regards,
Eric

Re: AW: How to create a report based on annotations

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> to customize your Maven site. But I want to know how to write a
> sophisticated report plugin.

Pick a sophisticated report or two that you like.
If it is open source, get the source code.
If it is not open source, pick a different one.
Using the source code, build your own sophisticated report plugin.

Wayne

AW: AW: How to create a report based on annotations

Posted by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch>.
Thanks, but it's not what I'm looking for. This describes how to customize your Maven site. But I want to know how to write a sophisticated report plugin.

Best regards,
Eric

On 5/18/2010 3:17 AM, Lewis, Eric wrote:
> Anyone?  :-)

This chapter of the Maven complete reference describes these topics:

http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/site-generation.html

-Marshall Schor

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch>.
Yes, I know skins, but that's not what I meant. I meant how to create a rich report within a Maven plugin, using its standard images (if they exist) and formatting. Something like the output of http://mojo.codehaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/dependency-updates-report-mojo.html

Best regards,
Eric

No idea about the apt-maven-plugin, but for site customization, are you
familiar with skins:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/examples/creatingskins.html
?

HTH,