Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rainier Cor <mp...@outlook.com> on 2022/03/01 05:00:36 UTC

Open Office for Windows 64-bit OS

Hi,

I have Windows 64-bit operating system and was wondering where can I find the download feature for it?

I only saw Open Office download for Windows 32-bit OS. Will the 32-bit download work for 64-bit Windows OS?

Thank you,
Cor

Re: Open Office for Windows 64-bit OS

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 1 Mar 2022 05:00:36 +0000
Rainier Cor <mp...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Windows 64-bit operating system and was wondering where can I find the download feature for it?
>
> I only saw Open Office download for Windows 32-bit OS. Will the 32-bit download work for 64-bit Windows OS?
>
> Thank you,
> Cor

Because of lack of development manpower there is at present no 64 bit OpenOffice for Windows.  However, 32 bit OpenOffice will run OK on 64 bit Windows.  Note that, if the installed OpenOffice requires Java, one must download and install a 32 bit Java, which will run alongside any installed 64 bit Java.  Then the installed 32 bit Java must explicitly be selected (one time only) in OpenOffice /Tools /Options /OpenOffice : Java

--
Rory O'Farrell