Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Floyd Wu <fl...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/15 11:05:41 UTC

[Lucene.Net] Indexing speed result of RAMDirectory MMapDirectory FSDirectory

Hi there,

I'm doing a little test to find out what is the better implementation
for my situation.

I'm indexing 18,000 docs and using 3 different Directory
implementation but result shows that

RAMDiretory --> 22 minutes
FSDirectory--> 24 minutes
MMapDirectory --> 24 minutes

I wonder why RAMDirectory doesn't win over others? Can someone explain this?

Floyd

Re: [Lucene.Net] Indexing speed result of RAMDirectory MMapDirectory FSDirectory

Posted by digy digy <di...@gmail.com>.
There must be something wrong. I can index 18,000,000 docs in ~20 mins :)
DIGY