Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Monosij Dutta-Roy <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/05 06:35:33 UTC

Pass-By-Value not supported for ArrayList.

I am resubmitting my post as my configuration with returning the collection
- an ArrayList I continue to get the Pass-By-Value error.

I changed the return datatype between the components back to an arraylist -
and I get the same error again. Attached.

Pass-By-Value not supported for ArrayList.

Based on my email yesterday - I have it as I had set it out in the email.

As I had mentioned - I have 3 contributions:
----------
qmAppSCA01 (QueryServlet ref: QueryServce; QueryService ref;
qmController/QueryOrchestrator)

qmController (QueryOrchestraor ref: QueryComposor, QueryExecutor;
QueryExecutor ref: Person)

domainBCA (Person, PhysicalLocation)
----------
1. QueryServet calls QueryService calls QueryOrchestror (passes HashMap)

2. QueryOrchestrator calls QueryComposer gets parsed Query as string
3. QueryOrchestrator calls QueryExecutor with Query string, executes query
and returns ArrayList of Patients.
4. QueryOrchestrator sends ArrayList of patients back to QueryService.

5. QueryService returns it to QueryServlet which then displays it.

I am attaching my composite files as well.

Unsure where its going wrong.
Right now just returning an ArrayList - from the reference object each of
which is in the chain.

I wonder  if I am making some basic fundamental errors.

Thanks for your help.

monosij