Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Buntu Dev <bu...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/18 22:45:53 UTC

Distcp fails with "Got EOF but currentPos = 240377856 < filelength = 1026034162" error

I'm using distcp with these options to copy a hdfs directory from one
cluster to another:

~~~~
hadoop distcp -prb -i -update -skipcrccheck -delete
hftp://cluster1/user/hive/warehouse/dir1/ hdfs://cluster2/dir1/
~~~~

I keep running into these errors related to EOF, what could be causing
these errors and how to fix this:

~~~~~~~~~
Caused by:
org.apache.hadoop.tools.mapred.RetriableFileCopyCommand$CopyReadException:
java.io.IOException: Got EOF but currentPos = 240377856 < filelength =
1026034162
at
org.apache.hadoop.tools.mapred.RetriableFileCopyCommand.readBytes(RetriableFileCopyCommand.java:289)
at
org.apache.hadoop.tools.mapred.RetriableFileCopyCommand.copyBytes(RetriableFileCopyCommand.java:257)
at
org.apache.hadoop.tools.mapred.RetriableFileCopyCommand.copyToFile(RetriableFileCopyCommand.java:184)
at
org.apache.hadoop.tools.mapred.RetriableFileCopyCommand.doCopy(RetriableFileCopyCommand.java:124)
at
org.apache.hadoop.tools.mapred.RetriableFileCopyCommand.doExecute(RetriableFileCopyCommand.java:100)
at
org.apache.hadoop.tools.util.RetriableCommand.execute(RetriableCommand.java:87)
... 11 more
~~~~~~~~~~

Also I'm using the '-i' to ignore and continue on failures but the distcp
does retry 3 times and stops. Can anyone throw some light on what else
could be going wrong.

Thanks!

RE: Distcp fails with "Got EOF but currentPos = 240377856 < filelength = 1026034162" error

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@huawei.com>.
Hi Buntu Dev,

Please check the Data node logs to get the exact root reason.
One more possible reason (apart from kai mentioned)can be direct buffer memory is not enough while copying the large files. If you observe the OOM in direct buffer, just increase it..

Hope it’s helpful.

Thanks Kai, but I checked the parqet file that was reported to have issues and fsck says the file is healthy.

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Zheng, Kai <ka...@intel.com>> wrote:
Looks like a file it’s copying is ended unexpectedly. Maybe need to find out which file, check or read the file in other means to ensure it’s fine not being corrupt.

Regards,
Kai

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@huawei.com>.
Hi Buntu Dev,