Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Dominik Bruhn <do...@dbruhn.de> on 2006/04/08 22:06:09 UTC

VelocityServlet depreaced

Hy,
I read here:
>>just in case you didn't know, the VelocityServlet has been deprecated
>>in favor of the VelocityViewServlet in the VelocityTools subproject.

Is this really true? Why this?

Thanks
Dominik

Re: UTF8-Enconding in Macros

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi,

A quick look at the source suggests this isn't currently possible.
Anyone else have any ideas on this?

If you'd care to file a JIRA issue on this we'll probably add this
capability.  It seems an obvious miss.
http://issues.apache.org/JIRA

Best, WILL

On 4/8/06, Dominik Bruhn <do...@dbruhn.de> wrote:
> Hy,
> I encode all my templates in UTF-8, and I load them via
> getTemplate("frame.vm","UTF-8");
>
> I also use some macros, all of them are written in the "VM_global_library.vm"
> which Velocity loads at startup. The Problem is: This library isn't loaded
> with UTF8 encoding. How can I change this?
>
> Thanks

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

UTF8-Enconding in Macros

Re: VelocityServlet depreaced

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Yep, it's true.  It's actually been true for several years now.  The
VelocityViewServlet has been superior and more actively maintained for
a number of years.  We are also slowly shifting the Velocity project
to focus on the core engine, so we're planning to pull out some of the
extras, beginning with the servlet.  The VelocityTools project is much
more web-oriented and a better home for that stuff.