Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Morrison, John" <Jo...@uk.experian.com> on 2002/07/01 10:50:22 UTC

RE: No-caching for SVG's

I think you got drown'd in a thread war, sorry :)

You don't say what version of Cocoon you are using or what
browser you are targeting.  The way around this (for the
latest cvs version of Cocoon) is to wrap anything you don't
want caching in a

<map:pipeline type="noncaching"/>

pipeline.

Give it a try, it works for me ;)

J.

PS, if you reply to replies would you mind trimming excess off :)

of this email.

Re: No-caching for SVG's

Posted by "Spectron International, Inc." <sp...@coqui.net>.
I'm using 2.1dev (HEAD?) and the browser is IE and/or Netscape. I'm already
using the <map:pipeline type="noncaching"/>.

This works for the page but not the SVG inside the page. Right now when I
click on a link that will display an SVG it works, but if I click 'Back' and
then click on the same link again it changes the page contents but not the
SVG, I have to click on 'Refresh' to update the graph. Is there a way to
refresh the SVG as well?

I read here, that if I sent an 'Expires' or 'Last modified' header to the
browser, the graph wouldn't be cached by the browser, and that HEAD had the
'Expires' changes. I just want to know how to use Expires or what should I
do to add headers to the response in Cocoon. Should I make a new serializet,
can I use an action?

Faw