Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bennett Smith <be...@mac.com> on 2009/09/18 22:21:30 UTC

[Job] Solr Search Opportunity - Direct Hire, Not a Recruiter

Hello,

The company I work for is looking to hire a Sr. Software Engineer with
considerable experience using Solr.  The project we are embarking on
is relatively new so the person we hire would have a lot of freedom to
help define the architecture for our e-commerce product and merchant
indexing and search services.

Below is a copy of the job description. If you are interested please
send an e-mail directly to me. I am the hiring manager using the e-
mail address bsmith at auctiva dot com.

Many thanks

Bennett Smith
Director of Software Engineering
Auctiva Corporation

Auctiva is building an open e-Commerce platform that will power new
ways to connect buyers and sellers. We have a long history of building
e-Commerce tools to help buyers and sellers connect in the eBay
marketplace. Our success is due in large part to the success of our
customers. We take immense pride in listening to our customers and
developing best-in-class applications that address their unique needs.

Auctiva is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Platform
Search & Indexing Services team in our expanding San Jose office. This
team is responsible for e-Commerce content search and indexing
services running on a combination of Windows and Linux platforms.
Applicants must have significant software development experience on
both platforms.

The candidate must have solid development skills, the ability to
properly analyze a problem, and good written and verbal communication
skills. The candidate must also be a self-starter and "ready to hit
the ground running." The candidate must work well both in a small team
environment and on their own. The candidate must have the ability to
multi-task and handle "dynamic requirements."

Education / Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
7+ years experience in a similar position
Extensive hands-on development experience
Experience building large scale server applications and systems
Required Skills / Abilities
4+ years OO programming & design using Java and/or C#
4+ years experience with Design Patterns
2+ years experience developing with Solr/Lucene
2+ years server side Linux development in Java
2+ years server side Windows development in C# and .NET
3+ years experience in multi-threaded application development
Unit test development using JUnit and/or NUnit
Proven ability to work through a full development life-cycle from
requirements analysis to deployment.
Familiarity with Agile practices such as Scrum or Extreme Programming
Desired:
Experience developing hetrogenous (Linux,Java / Windows,C#) applications
Linux System Administration Experience
Experience running Apache/Tomcat in a production environment
Familiarity with REST Web Service development
Familiarity with SOAP and RPC protocols
A background in network socket communications
Prior C/C++ development experience