Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Prerana y <pr...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/16 10:25:44 UTC

ignite_backup_restore_query

I was trying to backup and restore the ignite persistence and wal data .
Are there any steps available that can be followed to restore the data to
pods.

Thanks and regards
   Prerana

Re: ignite_backup_restore_query

Posted by Mikhail <mi...@gmail.com>.
I think you didn't copy the work directory, it can configured by
IgniteConfiguration, by default it locates in $IGNITE_HOME/work

Re: ignite_backup_restore_query

Posted by msuh <ms...@jobcase.com>.
Are there any additional steps to take after 4. start cluster again to
ensure that ignite recognizes the new data? I've attempted several times to
copy the data and wal directory (and making sure that the consistent ID are
the same) into a new node, but when looking through visor, all the caches
indicate that there are 0 entries ingested.
It just doesn't seem to be picking up that there are manually copied data in
the persistence storage directory.

Re: ignite_backup_restore_query

Posted by Mikhail <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

you can make snapshots manually: 1. deactivate cluster. 2. stop all nodes 3.
copy work, wal and data storage directories 4. start cluster again.
To make live snapshots of your cluster you can use 3rd party solutions like
this one https://docs.gridgain.com/docs/data-snapshots

Thanks,
Mike.