Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at> on 2006/02/22 22:21:11 UTC

effects fade now 100 pro dojo

Upfront warning, due to enforced circumstances, I am moving the effects
fade now towards dojo, the old FAT (Fade Anything Technique) code is not
removed from the component, the component is way less intrusive now with
the new dojo code.

the FAT code will be removed from the trunk tomorrow, since it has
become useless (and is way too problematic).

If you use the FAT stuff directly in one of your projects,
and you do not want to use the tag, here is the code to trigger it
directly in html:

effects by DOJO, FAT and script.aculo.us</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
dojo.fx.html.colorFadeIn(dojo.byId('_idJsp0:effect1'),'red',2000);
//-->
</script>

I think you get the idea

The code basically fades the background color of the div from red to
the original background color in 2 seconds.

the original FAT code used a custom styleClass alteration, the main
problem was that it basically hitchhiked the document onload function
for its own purposes instead of just chaining it (like dojo does) and
thus caused unwanted sideffects in one project I am working on.

the syntax of the effect tag is still the same, so no existing code
using the component should have been broken.