Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Luna, Kat" <Ka...@emergis.com> on 2001/06/05 20:04:04 UTC

GenericDataSource error

Hi,

I need to get familiar with using Struts and JDBC and I'm trying to run the
fruit-glaze application.  I've installed mysql and the driver, added the
driver to my classpath and started mysql as a service.  Then I added
fruit-glaze.war to the webapps folder and started Tomcat.

Now I've got
Begin event threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/apache/struts/util/GenericDataSource

when Tomcat tries to compile struts-config.xml

I can see that struts.jar is in the /lib folder and GenericDataSource.class
is there, so what am I missing? Is there something else I need to add to my
classpath to make sure that Tomcat deploys the fruit-glaze.war correctly?

Thanks,

Kat Luna
Kat.Luna@emergis.com

Re: GenericDataSource error

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
> Now I've got
> Begin event threw exception
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org/apache/struts/util/GenericDataSource
>
> when Tomcat tries to compile struts-config.xml
>
> I can see that struts.jar is in the /lib folder and
> GenericDataSource.class
> is there, so what am I missing? Is there something
> else I need to add to my

Maybe you just need to place this class inside a jar
file which resides
in the WEB-INF/lib directory?

AFAIK, assorted classes belong under
WEB-INF/classes

=====
Konstantin Priblouda ( ko5tik )    Freelance Software developer
< http://www.pribluda.de > < play java games -> http://www.yook.de >
< render charts online -> http://www.pribluda.de/povray/ >