Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ronen Yaari <ro...@traiana.com> on 2005/10/23 14:33:49 UTC

Two pahse commit in OJB

All,

Is there a way to use OJB with two phase commit mechanism?

Explanation: I want to create 3 threads with 3 different transactions
(T1.1, T1.2, T1.3), when the threads will finish I want to commit T1.1,
T1.2, T1.3, however, if one of the commit fails I want to rollback all 3
transactions.

Since the transaction in OJB is attached to the thread I having troubles
in doing above.

Thanks,

Ronen

Re: Two pahse commit in OJB

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Ronen Yaari wrote:
> All,
>

> Is there a way to use OJB with two phase commit mechanism?

yep, but it's not part of OJB. You can use OJB within a
applicationServer - with specific configuration properties, see
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/deployment.html

Or you can use a "standalone JTA implementation" like JOTM
http://jotm.objectweb.org/
and integrate OJB in this implementation.

regards,
Armin