Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/30 12:07:01 UTC

Sequence.remove(x) implementation inconsistencies

I just noticed that the javadocs for   org.apache.pivot.collections.Sequence
  state that
public int remove(T item);   will return 'The index of the item that was
removed, or -1 if the item could not be found.'
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/core/src/org/apache/pivot/collections/Sequence.java

However, both
org.apache.pivot.collections.concurrent.SynchronizedList &
org.apache.pivot.collections.adapter.ListAdapter
throw IllegalArgumentExceptions rather than returning -1.
(Those are the only two problematic implementations of Sequence which I
could find.)

I can't see any code that relies on this behaviour so it looks safe remove
the Exception throwing.

Regards,

Chris

Re: Sequence.remove(x) implementation inconsistencies

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Fixed - thanks.