Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org> on 2013/07/12 20:29:29 UTC

Re: [ACS42] Issues that are resolved but not closed yet

+1 what Chip suggests. Developers will have a habit to see the ticket
they're assigned.
You can actually automate this by forking my RBTool fork [1] for your
benefit (idea would be write a tool for Release managers to keep a track on
JIRA and RB, post msgs automatically all at once on JIRA etc.) or
forking/writing a custom client using JIRA's APIs.

[1] https://github.com/bhaisaab/RBTool

Cheers.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:59:29PM +0530, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> +1 what Chip suggests. Developers will have a habit to see the ticket
> they're assigned.
> You can actually automate this by forking my RBTool fork [1] for your
> benefit (idea would be write a tool for Release managers to keep a track on
> JIRA and RB, post msgs automatically all at once on JIRA etc.) or
> forking/writing a custom client using JIRA's APIs.
>
> [1] https://github.com/bhaisaab/RBTool
>
> Cheers.

I wasn't thinking about anything quite that complex...  ;-)

Just use Jira to search for the list (which is how he generated it to
start with), and use the bulk update to add a comment asking the
reporter to verify and close.  Leave the "email for updates" checkbox
checked to get the mails to go out.

-chip