Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/30 22:44:04 UTC

Proposal to create a branch for the standalone-metastore work

​I propose that we create a branch to continue the standalone metastore
work in.  So far we’ve been doing it in master one patch at a time.
However, the speed that we can produce patches outstrips the speed at which
we can get them reviewed, fully tested, and into master.  I would like to
put those patches in a branch so that others can review and contribute,
while not inflicting the not yet reviewed patches on master.​

I am not proposing to do all the development in the branch with a big-bang
commit/merge at the end.  That will painful for everyone.  We will continue
to move patches into master one at a time.  This means we’ll be rebasing
the branch from time to time.

Thoughts?  If there aren’t any objections I’ll do this in a few days.

Alan.

Re: Proposal to create a branch for the standalone-metastore work

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Since no one seems opposed to this I’ll make the branch today.  I’ll track
it on HIVE-17159, the umbrella JIRA for the standalone metastore.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.
Alan,