Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com> on 2013/10/16 09:01:47 UTC

Standard Set of States for Cartridge Instances' Life Cycle

Hi Devs,

Do we have $subject yet? If not shall we agree on a set of states for this
purpose?

If we don't have this yet how about [ Spawning, Active, Shutting Down,
Terminated ]? IMHO we can use the same to publish information about the
instance's health periodically.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*

Re: Standard Set of States for Cartridge Instances' Life Cycle

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Nirmal,
>
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi IsuruH,
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Imesh,

>>> be suspended for reasons other than
>>> it getting patched.
>>>

>> Just wonder, what would those reasons be?
>>
> As an example, instance being unhealthy (CPU and/or memory usage being
> high). We could use the state Member Suspended to communicate that the
> member is unusable currently. Just my opinion though.

+1.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
Hi Nirmal,

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi IsuruH,

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
I do agree Isuru!

Thanks
Imesh

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Isuru,

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Isuru,

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
Hi Lakmal,

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Upgrade/patching

Thanks for the input. Initially we might not require this, but lets keep
that as a tentative status as well.

Devs,

Any other ideas?

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.