Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/20 02:45:54 UTC

Testing spark HDFS ... anything we should think about?

hi folks.

is anyone planning to use spark on yarn or spark w/ hdfs in bigtop?  I
havent tried either...

- anyone using spark <-> HDFS in bigtop ? Do we need to update any spark
configs to do so ?
- we want spark to run  on yarn ? standalone ?

im spinning some VMs up now, ill let folks know if it works.
--
jay vyas

Re: Testing spark HDFS ... anything we should think about?

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Spark <-> HDFS integration works great.  just confirmed it.

1) Build spark (gradlew spark-yum)
2) vagrant up (add spark to vagrant conf file)
3) hadoop fs -put /etc/passwd /etc/passwd
4) val lines = sc.textFile("/tmp/passwd")

and then you can do lines.collect ... which prints it out.

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
no prob im verifying !

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.