Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Christopher Bottaro <cj...@onespot.com> on 2010/03/03 18:26:41 UTC

DisMaxRequestHandler questions about bf and bq

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding the bf and bq params to the
DisMaxRequestHandler.

1)  Can I specify them more than once?  Ex:
bf=log(popularity)&bf=log(comment_count)

2)  When using bq, how can I specify what score to use for documents
not returned by the query?  In other words, how do I mimic this
behavior using bq:
bf=query($qq, 0.1)&qq=site:news.yahoo.com

Thanks for the help!

Re: DisMaxRequestHandler questions about bf and bq

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 3, 2010, at 12:26 PM, Christopher Bottaro wrote:
> I have a couple of questions regarding the bf and bq params to the
> DisMaxRequestHandler.
>
> 1)  Can I specify them more than once?  Ex:
> bf=log(popularity)&bf=log(comment_count)

Yes, you can use multiple bf parameters, each adding an optional
clause to the actual query executed.

> 2)  When using bq, how can I specify what score to use for documents
> not returned by the query?  In other words, how do I mimic this
> behavior using bq:
> bf=query($qq, 0.1)&qq=site:news.yahoo.com

Why bother with bq in this situation?

But I believe you could use bq={!func}query($qq,
0.1)&qq=site:news.yahoo.com