Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Mannion <ch...@itjunction.com> on 2005/09/05 15:26:36 UTC

Unrecognised SOAPAction header value

Hi all

I'm having problems calling a non-axis-based web-service from an axis-based client.  I've read around the mailing list and discovered that people sometimes have problems in the opposite situation, calling an axis web service from a non-axis-based client, because axis requires the presence of a SOAPAction header which some other clients don't include.  I'm wondering if the opposite could be true in my case, axis is sending the SOAPAction header but the web-service doesn't expect/can't deal with it?  I have tried using Call.setUseSOAPAction(false) on my call object but still recieve the same exception below.

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Client
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: .
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: .
        at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:221)
        at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:128)
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1528)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:500)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:305)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:442)

        at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:796)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)

        at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
        at govConnect.xmlWsTest.main(xmlWsTest.java:42)

        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:server

[...]

Chris Mannion
IT Junction
020 8452 4274

Re: Unrecognised SOAPAction header value

Posted by Chris Mannion <ch...@itjunction.com>.
Thanks Richard

I wasn't explicitly setting the SOAPAction uri, I'm hitting the webservice
successfully now (though being told I'm denied access, but that's somebody
elses problem.)  I'm quite new to all this, my client is a lightly tailored
copy of the simplest example in the axis docs.

Chris Mannion
IT Junction
020 8452 4274

)